Delve into Dupont Circle’s dynamism
Our boutique hotel is ideally positioned for all you’ll want to do and see while here in the nation’s capital. Anchored in hot spot Dupont Circle, Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC puts you in the cosmopolitan heart of the city and near top cultural and historic attractions.
In this neck of the woods, you can browse trendy shops, wander vibrant, flag-lined Embassy Row, visit a weekend farmers market, get your culture on in galleries and historic houses, or savor tasty, regional fare and creative cocktails in some of the city’s hippest spots. Once you’ve thoroughly immersed yourself in the Dupont scene, check out other nearby zones like Adams Morgan, Logan Circle, and the U Street Corridor. Our knowledgeable concierge staff is available to assist you with reservations, tickets, directions, and details.
Consider moseying to the following neighboring hot spots:
- Dupont Circle Fountain: A picturesque spot at which to observe, read, listen to musicians, and wile away an afternoon
- Sunday Farmers Market: A weekly gathering of 40-plus farmers and producers offering fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, cheeses, breads, fresh pasta, flowers, and more
- Phillips Collection: A showcase of impressionist and modernist works, including paintings by Renoir and Rothko, Bonnard and O'Keeffe, van Gogh and Diebenkorn
- Kramerbooks: A well-stocked bookstore combined with a hopping cafe
- Komi: One of DC’s most raved-about restaurants, featuring a James Beard Award-winning chef and an upscale, Mediterranean-inspired tasting menu (book ahead)
- Little Serow: A more recent (Thai) culinary gem by Komi’s chef-owner Johnny Monis
- Teaism: A tranquil, tea-centric oasis that also serves dishes from bento boxes to curry bowls